Sunday, February 24, 2008

Welcome home Carter!

After losing Milton, our other cat Charlie seemed, well, lost. He would sit at the french doors all night long just looking out. How do I know? Because Adele and I are up in the middle of the night!

Last Sunday, Adele and I went to the Clear Creek Animal Shelter called Charlie's Place. It is a lovely shelter and the animals all seem very well cared for. We met Carter while we were there and decided to seriously consider adopting him. On Thursday evening, Jeff went and got him and brought him home. Initially, there was lots of hissing from Charlie, but 24 hours later, they were friends. They enjoy chasing each other around the house and take turns ambushing each other behind the curtains.

Here he is playing with Jeff's paintbrush.


His perch
With Charlie
We are so pleased as how well he is adapting to his new home. He has a very squeaky meow and he loves to get attention. We figure he is maybe a year old.

No comments: