There's Jack, trying out the skateboard.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
June 2010
Doesn't it look like Adele and I are getting ready for a big expedition? I think that in reality we (I) had big plans, but we only made it to the swing set!
Which brings me to............our new swing set. We got it for free from Craigslist last fall. Jeff set it up in early June and it's been fun. We already owned the toddler swing and I picked up a new swing at a flea market. I love these old, steel swing sets. No wood = no maintenance.
That's Carter up in that tree. He spent the night out there and most of the next day before Jeff talked him down. That picture was taken from the deck. He was at least 25 ft up.

There's Jack, trying out the skateboard.
This was our big project in May and June. We cleared out most of the basement, insulated the ceiling for our radiant heat, finished a bunch of framing, and then had the rest of the drywall hung and finished. It was monumental. We used cotton insulation for better sound dampening, but it is really hard to cut. We already have a bunch of this insulation in the walls upstairs to help with sound, so we knew how hard it is to work with. After a quick search on the internet, Jeff came up with a plan to use a masonry blade on the table saw, which worked like a dream.

I forgot to take a picture of the finished product before our stuff took over again.
There's Jack, trying out the skateboard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment