Yesterday marked one week at home. The week just flew by, I guess worrying all the time has a tendency to accelerate time or something!
Adele is doing just great. She eats well, she sleeps well, and she has a nice disposition. Today she had a doctor's appointment and I'm happy to report that she was 5 pounds 14 oz, up 7 oz from last week. We are so very close to that 6# mark. It's still hard to believe that Jeff and I had such a small full-term baby. Babies at altitude tend to have lower birth weights, so I'm sure that explains a lot of it. We're just so grateful that she's healthy and thriving.
Here she is asleep one day last week. She has changed so much in one week! This is a crazy bassinet that one of my sister's friends gave us. It is called a "Nature's Cradle" and it is meant to simulate the womb. You turn it on and the mattress pad insides rolls gently and rhythmically and there is a heartbeat and amniotic fluid noise too. She seems to love it. I guess it has served many babies over the last 8 or 9 years and every one of them has loved it. She sleeps hard in this thing.

Here she is yesterday in the bouncy seat. She really didn't know what to do with it, and frankly, neither did we....the experiment didn't last long.

Closeup from yesterday
4 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you're all doing well- good growing, Adele! We have fond memories of syringe feeding too.
She is just so adorable. If you're in the area for a doctor's appointment, feel free to stop by anytime. I'd love to see her (and you!) in person.
- Dani
Adele started "extra-utero" life super cute, & yet she is managing to grow only cuter & cuter!
I can only imagine you spend the day basking, entranced by her beauty & charm.
best wishes & lotsa love,
Christina
Congratulations again, like the Fisher chin.
Glad to see and hear all is well and healthy.
Love, Uncle Todd and Jackie
She's looking more and more beautiful all the time!!!! I'm so glad her size isn't an issue and that she's growing well.
Post a Comment